Forum - Looking for a soundtrack

Question

DOLLS CD SOUNDTRACK 1987 RICHARD BAND HORROR

HEY EVERYONE
I LOVE THIS FILM AND HAVE BEEN AFTER THE SOUNDTRACK FOR QUITE A WHILE DOES ANYONE HAVE IT? OR KNOW WHERE I COULD GET HOLD OF ONE. IF ANYONE WOULD BE WILLING TO SELL ME ONE I WILL PAY GOOD MONEY.
THANKS
PETE

peterbatch, June 20, 2007; 9:31 AM

Answers

I have doubts that this CD actually really exists. I've kept my eyes peeled over the years, and I've never seen a copy of this CD for sale on eBay, in an online store, or offered by individual sellers on boards like this one. Furthermore, a yahoo search of the catalog number for this CD that is listed in this database turns up nothing but the listing in this database. You might want to contact Richard Band through his official website to find out whether or not this CD was actually pressed or is just a figment of the database contributor's imagination. I tend to lean towards the latter.

American.Nightmare, June 21, 2007; 3:38 AM

Hi!
To answer you:I asked Richard Band and he told me that no official CD of this terrific music exists! :-(
Maybe someday... Hey Doug Fake, if you are reading this topic: WE WANT MORE RICHARD BAND edited! :-)

(bye the way, could someone please erase the "fake" infos, in your database... thaaaaankk youuuu!)

davegaumann, June 21, 2007; 12:43 PM

I haven't seen the film in years, but as a HUGE fan of RIchard Band, probably more so than anyone else on this web site, I'd listen to anything by him. I'll have to see the film again.
Just FYI, Intrada will be releasing two scores by him within the next few months: "The Day Time Ended" (1979) and "MEtalstorm" (1983). Never heard of Metalstorm, but "The Day TIme Ended" is a BRILLIANT sci-fi score. You can get a five-minute suite of the "main titles" on the CD "Music From The Galaxies", along side the works of Goldsmith, WIlliams, etc...this atests to just what a wonderful, underrated composer Richard Band truly is, the fact that he has been included on this disc along side the big shots. It's a fantastic composition, and I'll be happy to own the full score (even though the Varese LP release only had about 31 minutes worth of music. The shorter the better in my opinion).

j6524, July 2, 2007; 6:36 PM

Victor Spiegel recently reconstructed some of the cues. They sound pretty good. You can sample them here:

http://www.vspiegel.com/dolls.html

graymatterproductions, June 12, 2008; 11:01 PM

RESPONSE TO THE DOLLS 1987 HORROR CD SOUNDTRACK BY RICHARD BAND AND VICTOR SPIEGEL

Helloooo Peoples,

I just read some of your comments and there are very good
HA HA.

Okay for having to see with you what I am here for it's because,

I am also looking for this soundtrack the Dolls 1978 movie

But there is actually a soundtrack of this movie. Who someone in
Germany has it, I think he has it but I am not sur.

The Tracks of this soundtrack listing has contributed by
mikebalton.

So anyway it is in the page that you have to see on bottom of my
message and where you can see all the tracks.

But no Picture of the soundtack and I dont know how it looks like
LOL.

If someone can get in contact with this personn mikebalton to
see with him.

Where to find this soundtrack in Germany or anywhere else
on this planet. LOL.

All the fans we will apreciated and wil thank you for the
Information that you guys give to us for this soundtrack.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
So there is Peoples,

just hope that someone can finded for the fans who love The
DOLLS 1987 MOVIE MUSIC BY RICHARD BAND AND VICTOR
SPIEGEL TOO WHO DID THE SOUNDTRACK WITH RICHARD.

Best Regards to All Fans Off Horror Movies Soudtracks.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
PS: Here Guys the official Tracks from the Movie Dolls
1981: http://www.soundtrackcollector.com/title/29509/Dolls

bedjiboo, April 23, 2014; 2:06 AM

Contribute an answer