Forum - General Questions

Question

The Thing Re-Recording

Does anyone heard the new re-arranged re-recording of Morricone's and Carpenter + Howarth work?

Before giving my impression on the samples I heard, I have to say "does re-arrange means decrease the quality or what?"

It sounds like a fast EWQL score, with things changed for the worst. Humanity sounds like another movie......Main Title its a mess regarding volume (bass line should not be covered by its counterpoint. Here sounds too loud and even distracting)

Is it possible they keep doing this re-recordings (which all by random chance are named "re-arrangements" of the scores......gee! I wonder if copyrights have something to do) as fast as they can, to flood the market with low quality productions in order to get our money?

I would not mind if they say "Music INSPIRED" in Morricone's work. But not having a cd trying to pass as the music from the movie.

Why not remaster the almost 70 min of Morricone's work, which was not in the Varese edition?

P.S. Why some people get upset when we express ourselves this way? Like wanting us to deny what we hear, and force us to buy it? :-P

nicolas28, October 7, 2011; 1:11 AM

Answers

I am going to wait for monday and the Varese Club announcement before I even think about maybe ordering the BSX !!

Now with the prequel movie coming out Morricone's original score may be released again - maybe even expanded !!

goldsmithsonian, October 7, 2011; 6:50 AM

Contribute an answer