Forum - General Questions

Question

Is there any point to adding submissions to this website?

Countless times I've added a submission or update only to never see them included in the database.

Spent about an hour doing so several weeks ago. It's pointless and a waste of time.

victoravalentine, November 28, 2011; 1:48 PM

Answers

WWK, it's not pointless or a waste of time.
The point is that this is a site that works with volunteer(s), who do not get paid for it.

And there is a lot of updates, additions and cover images coming in every day.

So it's a lot of work and nearly impossible to keep everybody happy.
But we (I) try to do the best I can. And don't be afraid, no submissions will get lost, but it need time. Be patient with me. ;-)

ton.werkman, November 28, 2011; 3:12 PM

I can understand Knives' frustration, Ton. I've been suggesting for a very long time that you get more people to work on the site.

kriegerg69, November 28, 2011; 3:38 PM

I can understand your frustration. I recommended a title over a year ago and it finally made it into the database - even after an initial rejection: "The Apocalypse Now Sessions" by the Rhythm Devils. It will happen eventually. Patience.

carloolrac, November 28, 2011; 3:48 PM

Ton, change your name, first of all. All that weight and responsibility, even in your very name...?

bugoobiga, December 1, 2011; 3:32 AM

bugoobiga. What do you mean with weight and responsibility? And what's wrong with my name? Hope you are kidding!

ton.werkman, December 1, 2011; 7:10 AM

Haha...typical web users. They get a website with an incredibly massive database, a page where they can keep track of their collections, develop a wish list, a home page that alerts them to new releases, a section that tells them when their wish list items go on sale and a solid forum to ask questions...all for FREE. Is that enough? Nope. They want more. If I were "Ton," I'd tell you guys to find another site that can give you all that. This site rocks!

shawndumont7, December 1, 2011; 11:32 AM

I couldn't care much about the lists and such....IMHO the real thing that's important here is the database of titles. THAT'S what people get frustrated with and complain about.

kriegerg69, December 1, 2011; 4:36 PM

Thanks Ton, just recieved the confirmation email on some of the recordings submitted!

Wasn't complaining about the wait, just wondering if they were getting lost in the shuffle.

victoravalentine, December 9, 2011; 6:20 PM

after eight years of waiting there have been added some LP sleeves last week. I hope the rest will come too... It's only about 800 items. ;-)

s.tonkens, January 7, 2012; 12:29 PM

What is frustrating is that it seems as if the (my) most recent
submissions are processed first, while earlier ones are still not
processed. I've had cover submissions go up on the database within
weeks, while entries that are marked "Cover Submitted" have remained
that way for years without ever going up.

Is there a way to process the oldest submissions first?

rdimucci, June 21, 2012; 8:30 AM

This is actually a question from a newbie--do people here share their copies of soundtracks? I've been looking for one for years and see some listings here. Is there a way to contact each other for this or am I way off base?

willbe54, July 27, 2012; 9:13 PM

Contribute an answer