Forum - General Questions

Question

From Russia With Love 50th Anniversary Expanded

Looking on Amazon and i see that there is an expanded 50th anniversary of F.R.W.L. Looking at the track listings there are no extra tracks but some tracks have been expanded from the original release. The front cover also has a picture of the mosque in Istanbul complete with liner notes.

Also Dr.No is also advertised as a 50th Anniversary but with extra tracks . Has anyone purchased these yet?

Phil Milsom

phil_milsom, July 21, 2013; 12:51 PM

Answers

Hi Phil

This is a real hot potato! These Harkit releases are getting released because of the 50 year public domain on the music. The "expanded" are tracks lifted from the DVD/Blu-Ray and they don't have licence to reuse any of the movie artwork. In my opinion these are not worthwhile. The official expanded releases of the Bond scores are your best bet. The CD release of From Russia With Love is very nearly complete as it is. The previous DR NO release on Harkit was a similar affair and is very shoddy indeed

gerry.hill, July 24, 2013; 2:33 PM

Hi Gerry.
I see what you mean.Waste of money. Like you said the original opening title has been lifted from the DVD. I could have done that!! The other tracks are from Barry's live concerts. I do have all the remastered and expanded Bond soundtracks ,but was just curious about this one as it stated expanded.
Avoid buying this C.D

phil_milsom, July 25, 2013; 12:46 AM

Contribute an answer