Forum - General Questions

Question

CAPTAIN PHILLIPS - BEHIND THE SCENES MAKING OF DOC ON BLU-RAY. WHAT MUSIC IS USED?

HI THERE SOUNDTRACK FANS!

I recently rented and watched again the great Paul Greengrass movie CAPTAIN PHILLIPS on Blu-Ray DVD from Amazon LoveFilm By Post in the UK. Last night, after watching the movie again, I watched the Bonus Features on the Blu-Ray. There was a documentary called: "CAPTURING CAPTAIN PHILLIPS". This docvumentary was split into 3 sections. I'm looking to find out what is the atmospheric-sounding music that plays right at the start of the second section of the doc, entitled: "FULL AHEAD". It plays against footage of a car (seen from the inside) driving into the container docs at the dock in Malta. I have tried repeatedly to use Shazam on my cellphone to identify this piece of music, but with various results: One says it is a piece called: "Embrace Me" from an album called: "Tantric Sex Background Music" and the other tag says it is a piece called: "New Day" by Philip Wesley. I don't believe either of these tags, because I looked them both up on iTunes and they both sound completely different. I have looked up the "Capturing Captain Phillips" documentary on the IMDB, but unfortunately there is no soundtrack information listed on it. Unfortunately also, I have tried searching for the same documentary on YouTube, but it is not listed. I DO NOT believe that this piece of music is from the Henry Jackman score. I have also just sent back the Blu-Rasy DVD to LoveFilm By Post.com So, I'm asking: If anybody out there has the same CAPTAIN PHILLIPS Blu-Ray and knows what I'm talking about, can they maybe find out what this piece of music is, and let me know. Once again, it's right at the beginning of the section of the doc called: "Full Ahead" on the "Capturing Captain Phillips" making-of. If anybody can help/has any information - I would be very grateful. Thank you & best wishes, from Dan.

DannyBowes, August 2, 2016; 4:20 PM

Answers
 Contribute an answer