Filmmusic at KinÚpolis Concert
Gabriel Yared, Christopher Gordon and Carles Cases will conduct own compositions.
The Soncinemad 2007 organizing committee has announced the details of the SONCINEMAD Extraordinary Concert ("Filmmusic at Kinépolis"), a very special integral event of the 2nd Madrid Filmmusic Festival (Soncinemad) which will take place on the 29th of June at 21:00 in the Kinépolis Cinema (Pozuelo-Madrid).
The Carlos III Orchestra, a well-respected and prestigious Spanish ensemble, also resident orchestra of the Carlos III Coliseum of El Escorial Monastery, will perform a colourful set of special selections from our guest composers’ extensive work range.
The Orchestra is formed by members of the ORCAM and the Madrid Symphony Orchestra and numbers a total of 50 musicians along with one mezzo-soprano. Maestro Juan Manuel Alonso will be conducting the first half of the concert. Mr Alonso is a particularly well-known and respected musical director who studied Orchestral Conducting and Composition in the Real Conservatory of Music of Madrid and extended his studies in the Guildhall School of Music of London and the New England Conservatory of Boston, obtaining the higher qualifications. During his studying years, Juan Manuel Alonso also had the privilege of co-studying with Michael Gandolfi, Pozzy Escot, George Pelhivanian, Richard Hoenic, Ros Marbá, Garciaa Asensio, Leonardo Ballad and Carles Guinovart among others.
Composers Gabriel Yared and Christopher Gordon will be conducting their very own pieces while, in addition, Spanish composer Carles Cases and Gabriel Yared will perform selected piano parts during the concert as well.
The preliminary program of the Concert is as follows:
* GABRIEL YARED: Suites of the films The English Patient and The Talented Mr. Ripley.
* CHRISTOPHER GORDON: Suite in four movements from On The Beach.
* ANGEL ILLARRAMENDI: Selected pieces from his following scores: Yoyes, Tiempo De Tormenta, Sin Fin, Teresa, El Cuerpo De Cristo and Los Borgia.
* CARLES CASES: pieces from the scores Perfect Skin, Food Of Love and Morir (O No).
* CHRISTOPHER YOUNG: Various themes from his films like Murder In The First and Spider-man 3, among others.
For more info and registration, visit Soncinemad.